Paragraph Two

Whatever pops into my head today -- usually something that I hope is interesting. At least to me.

Monday, March 28, 2005

To David Brooks, Editorial Writer for the New York Times

Dear Mr. Brooks:

Just when I think you’re starting to make progress…

BAM! You write some op-ed piece that is straight, unrepentant garbage, pure and simple.

I really don’t understand you. You write an article that implies – no, not implies – says directly – that social conservatives and liberals both have flawed arguments regarding the Terri Schiavo matter.

You state that social conservatives (whatever the hell that means, anyway) have a belief that life is more sacred than liberals and that liberals tend to go right to the unmiraculous court of law.

What in God’s name are you talking about?

These kinds of gross generalizations come off as empty-headed and would play better to the bohunks in Idaho. How did you get this job, Dave?

I’m a liberal. I also believe in God, the Universe, or whatever you want to call it.

I also believe that the government has no right to interfere in our personal lives, which is what Tom “Crooked as they Come” Delay and George “W Stands for Worst President Ever” Bush are slowly, but surely trying to do.

People tend to be more abstract and non-specific than your articles would have us presume.

With people like you writing for the New York Times, where does anyone get off calling the media “liberal?”

Good God, man! that is straight, unrepentant garbage, pure and simple.